______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer 2012: Island Hopping, Part 2

My island hopping is off to a slow start. Right now I'm doing training runs for future journeys.

Part of those training runs mean working on my diet and exercise regime. When out with the girls recently, my diet included the Island Grilled Trifecta of steak, chicken and shrimp. Very yummy!


Then I worked on my training regime by exercising my funny bone at a Treasure Island while I went fishing for gold at the gaming tables. I need the loot to fund future excursions with the girls and The Shushing Librarian, seen here dreaming about all the tropical locales she'll visit if she can just get a doubloon or two. I may have sprained my wrists and thumbs playing the games too -- but Yo HO, Yo Ho .... Avast ye hearties!


After an afternoon of fun, it was off to a giant floating bazaar, where we found an isolated oasis -- the Spice Islands of Penzeys -- where the real treasures were to be discovered; exotic pepper, cinnamon, saffron, vanilla blends, curries, Oh my! While I was running around filling my basket, the girls decided to leave messages about our adventures, to be later placed in bottles to be thrown out to sea.


I only wish that I had remember to leave directions to this, a magic Portal to all the Islands ever written about.


Avalon, Alcatraz, desert islands, deserted islands, islands in the stream, Pangaea, Australia, Britannia, fictional islands, the Thousand Islands, Prince Edward Island, Lilliput, Lone Island, Liberty Island, Ista Island, the Emerald Island, Isle Esme, Hawai'i, Hallelujah Mountains, Hedeby, Tom Sawyer's Island, The Island of Dr. Moreau, Manhattan, Kokovoko, Neverland, Utopia -- and so so many more.

Stay tuned.

No comments: