______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, June 22, 2012

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2012 - April

If you've kept up with this blog at all, or are new, it's fairly obvious that a lot of time has passed since my last crafting update -- in March. This recap of April's activities can be summed up as:

~ Work, work, more work, lots more work, intern supervision, special events, late nights, uncomfortable shoes, all kinds of work, but I should be chanting "I'm happy to be employed," -- yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah;

During April, I also:

~ Headed to the New York Botanical Garden with Christine to see the Orchid Show;
~ Shopped for a new formal outfit for the above mentioned special event, which just led to the organization of my closet and discovery that I already have over 35 dresses - not counting the cocktail suits, business suits, etc. I made some donations and then ended up wearing an old dress to the special event. And flats.;
~ Had a fun, unexpected lunchtime catch-up with the visiting Ironic Mother and her adorably tall and talking E.D. What a difference 10 months makes!; and
~ Made it through the evenings that led the publishing of yesterday's fieldnotes, which are the basis of the scientific paper: The Anthropological Analysis of Construction in the Urban Jungle and Its Effect on Auntie Nettie.

I should have gotten more that the following started and finished, but, as you might expect, my time was a bit constrained:

ANA 2012-28: Mint Green Baby Blanket
(Skein(s) of Bernat Softee Baby yarn, acrylic)
No photo of the completed project due to the injuries to Ms. RubyNikon
but like ANA 2012-23 in lilac as seen below
(2012-23 is no longer available, sold)


ANA 2012-29: Decorative Scarf in Blue and Pink
(2 skeins KFI Gioco, Color 18, polyamid)
(as of June 2012, not available, to be gifted)


ANA 2012-30: Rainbow Wrap Scarf
(2 skeins of Plymouth Yarn, Eros, Color 2014, nylon)
(as of April 2012, not available, gifted)


Still in progress:


2010: Multi-fibre, multicolored bane of my existence


2011: Red Chenille Scarf

More items are available via Auntie Nettie's Attic on etsy.com. Please feel free to click there for prices and availability.

However, not everything has made it over there yet. If you are interested in anything you've seen here, please feel free to send me an e-mail to check on availability and prices.

No comments: