______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Fridays 2012: Afternoon in the Garden II


Second Summer Friday, almost a repeat of the first.
Book. Bench. Botanical Garden.

With the additions of editorial work and no other agenda than to stretch out, I was delighted to head back to "my spot." After last week, I had brought a larger water bottle, a cushion, and a big shade hat. I thought I was going to be okay with sun protection with the hat and long pants, but I didn't have long enough shirt sleeves or sunblock, so I lightly burned my forearms. It wasn't quite a farmers tan.

It was a much nicer afternoon, so there more crowds in the gardens interrupting me in my little nook where I had snuggled in with a good long book. I must have been a picturesque sight, what with the hat and the book on the bench, because I glanced up and caught someone mid photographis clickus and then made it photographic interruptus ruinus. *No takee the photo of Auntie sans permission, thank you*




In a bit of forethought, my book of the afternoon, Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland, was all about the craftswomen in the Tiffany Glass studios - previously unrecognized for their work on his famous windows and lampshades. I think Tiffany windows I think vibrant jewel tones, rich, lush, verdant hues of greens and purples, irises, wisteria, etc. Look at what my view was as I reading about the creation of those masterpieces.


No comments: