______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Fridays 2012: Afternoon in the Garden

After the insanity of the last semester, particularly the last month, I decided to spend my first Summer Friday of the year just relaxing. After a morning of putting the house back in some semblance of order, I grabbed a book, some water, and headed to the New York Botanical Garden for an entire afternoon.

I had a lovely lunch al fresco at the Cafe, got a bit of sunburn on my neck, enjoyed the wi-fi, and was serenaded by birds while I people watched. Then I headed over to the Conservatory to check out the Monet's Garden exhibition. (So many people, even on a Friday afternoon. Can't wait to come back later in the season to see what the water lilies look like in the pond. But still lovely.)

Frankly, I didn't even care that a cloud cover had rolled in earlier in the afternoon, nor the little drops of rain, or the breezes. I found a bench off the walkway near the Ladies' Border, discovered the Concord Grape vines, kicked off my shoes, pulled on a wrap, and read my book. It was so good to unwind and perfect.

Can't wait to go back soon. My bag is ready to grab and go.

Enjoy some of these highlights from the day.


No comments: