______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Retroblogging 1980: June 27, 1980


June 27, 1980

Today I went to school.
At school we had a talent show and I was in it.

When I came home I practiced my piano.
Next Friday is the fourth of July our country's birthday.

Maybe tomorrow our tent will be in the store. Today is sunny.

Today for lunch we had sandwiches and crackers and juice then I washed the dishes there was a little so it was easy. Today I worked with mom that was my time with mom I have it allmost every day.


Mom was a teacher in Virginia when she and Dad met. After he finished up in the Navy, they moved West to Utah and settled down. Eventually I came along, but Mom was still, and is still, a teacher ... so thus we had little lessons, projects, and quizzes throughout the summer while we were little.

Who is not mentioned very often here is my youngest brother J. He's around, but not being quite 2 yet, he couldn't "play" or interact so much ... and I was the self-absorbed eldest, only daughter --- and what little brother can compete with the excitement of a talent show and a new tent?!

No comments: