______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Commuting Views: Strangeness on a Train, Spring 2012

As much as I hate to be *that* person on a train or subway snapping photos of fellow passengers, I've found that sometimes I just *have* to. I've also found that it's much easier to snap photos discretely with my iTouch than pulling out a point-and-shoot. While it's not as sharp as a "real" camera, (see the sunset shot out a train window during a rain storm), it's still better than nothing. Given that my Ms. Ruby Nikon 2.0's screen currently looks like this (see below), my iTouch is better than nothing.



Ms. Ruby Nikon 2.0 is temporarily in isolation on life support until we can take her to a doctor and discuss options. Apparently while she will bounce, internal injuries may or may not be able to be repaired. (When did this happen? Yesterday dang it. "Grace" has struck again.)

Anyway ... so Commuting? Is Colorful. You see all kinds of people on a train.

Artists of all kinds:

Make-up Artists.

Multi-tasking Fiber Artists.
(She's knitting--without looking--while reading her book. That takes talent.)

Pickup Artists, aka Hookers - I mean - Fiber Artists
Grannies making Granny Squares


Then there is the evidence of the Performing Artists
who, having tapped/stomped out their piece,
became Fine Artists when they left their framed work for all to enjoy.


Now, pardon me while I thank H.F. for being the Ultimate Artist --
for sculpting fine laborers for me ravish with mine eyes.

Doesn't he look like he could be a life model for something to be cast in bronze?
How about if you look at it in black and white?


After all the "suits" I see all day, it was refreshing to see one of the many union laborers that keeps the City going and growing. You just know that the muscles and tendons were sculpted in hard labor and not in gym visits to a trainer (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

No comments: