______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm IT.

This post is in response to Krippy’s Tagging over on her blog. I don’t think this is exactly what she had in mind, however.

The rules?

1.Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

My response

This all seems very familiar. Is it "deja vu all over again?" OH! I know what this is. It’s the blogosphere’s version of a chain letter, which I manage to successfully avoid when they come through the snail mail or my e-mail in-box. (I promptly chuck them in the trash or hit DELETE.) Sadly, it’s harder to ignore being “tagged” on the blogosphere, since it’s easier to see who tagged you AND they can check back to see if you have tagged someone else. What’s worse, you have a couple of dilemmas.

A) How to respond, since in effect you already have posted ten random facts about yourself earlier on the blog?

B) Do you have to come up with seven more facts? Oh, here’s one: I’m not that interesting!

C) Here’s another – I don’t know that many people who would participate. The seven who might “play” are related to me and started this whole tagging mess OR are the some of same seven people already tagged. Is this a Boolean paradox?

D) How to respond and not annoy the person who tagged you?

E) What are the consequences for not following the rules? Will the Great and Omnipotent Tagger put you in “time out?”

F) Are there enough readers of this blog who will care if you don’t list more strange things about yourself? (*ahem, shameless request for comments, ahem*)

G) What will you talk about if they DO care?

So here’s who I’m tagging:

Grumpy
Bashful
Happy
Dopey
Sleepy
Sneezy
Doc

I’m sure they’ll have fun things to say.

No comments: