______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Where should the Shushing Librarian Visit next?

The OVERWHELMING response to this poll (results below), with 60 percent of the votes, has the Shushing Librarian on an economy class trip to the Testmonkey's Lair. Conveniently, it is located in the general vicinity of Amber's Abode, so she can visit there too. The SL may even get to meet my newest niece before I do (bummer for me, good for her).

Auntie Nettie feels that she must set some guidelines down for testmonkey and his gang of flying monkey IT boys:

DO NOT abuse the SL or put her in compromising positions.

DO NOT break the SL.

DO NOT lose the SL.

DO create interesting adventures for her -- like a trip to the farm perhaps.

DO have her interact in the lair with its inhabitants.

DO post pictures.

DO return her in 2-3 weeks.

Follow these rules -- and don't make Auntie Nettie angry. (Prior threats as posted on other sites still apply.)

POLL RESULTS

Thanks to the person(s) who voted 5 times.

Library 0 (0%)
Testmonkey's Lair 3 (60%)
Amber's Abode 2 (40%)
Flax Hill Gardener's Plot 0 (0%)
Krippy's Maine 1 (20%)

2 comments:

Kristin.... said...

Not fair. there is only one of me to vote. I want the SL to come here and witness the chaos of 4 kids....all of whom are walking.
:(

Auntie Nettie said...

You can vote multiple times, ya know ...

Also, I'm hoping that the SL will be back by the summer, after her many trips hither thither and yon. Once AN scraps together about $250 for a train ticket and a long weekend that works for the busy family of 6, we'll talk about a visit.