______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Poll - Fake Name Nominations

Thanks to all those whose snarky and helpful suggestions have created a list of possible fake names for Auntie Nettie to use outside the blogosphere and/or when she's finally finished that m.s. and needs a publisher.

We're going to take about a month to poll and then finalize the results of the fake name nominations process.* In honor of March Madness, this will be a tiered process; 3 weeks of narrowing down the 15 nominations that I have deemed usable, and 1 week of a "name-off."

This week's names are up on the poll and have been randomly selected by a poor office mate who has no idea why I had her pulling names out of a hat.

GO AND VOTE!



(*Why do I need a fake name again? See the links above, and here.)

3 comments:

Kristin.... said...

Yes, even thou you live in the Evil Empire, you are still loved. :)
sure the Peeps don't want to rent my house? Things are getting ugly.

Susan said...

Although Ashford Smalls sure is a good name...I voted for....

testmonkey said...

hmmm... this is a tough one. I shall have to think on it a tad.