______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mystery Item of the Week

UPDATE:

As of Friday, 3/7 we have some very amusing entries.
I guess I'm going to have to put a caveat on here that if I don't know who you are, you can't win the Mystery Item. How can I send them to you or give you props if you're Anonymous to me?


Therefore, I STRONGLY encourage the posters if they want to remain Anon Y. Mous to:
a) sign their entries in the comment if you don't want to create a Blogger ID (it's fine with me really);
or b) e-mail me off line if you know who I really am to followup on your guess;
and/or c) let me know in the comments if you want the prize or no.

If you pass on the fabulous prize, I must warn you, there are no cash equivalents. Auntie Nettie doesn't have any of her own.
______________________________________________

The best (or funniest) guess received the item (or a similar one) as the reward -- at the discretion of Auntie Nettie.





Decision on the "winner" will be announced on Wednesday, March 12th. Stay tuned.

22 comments:

Kristin.... said...

knit bra? :) he he

Auntie Nettie said...

WAY too much what ever it is to be a knit bra, but THANKS FOR PLAYING.

Christina said...

Could it be a scrunchy or a steering wheel cover?

Auntie Nettie said...

Very interesting ... THANKS FOR PLAYING.

testmonkey said...

The last thing the ovum sees before entering the fallopian tube?

Auntie Nettie said...

EWWW. I said "funniest", not fecund-nous.

Susan said...

ruffled knit leg warmers, I hear they are making a comeback.

Auntie Nettie said...

@susan -- nope, not quite. But that does reminds me that I am supposed to make a pair. Can you crochet leg warmers? I don't think so, so I think I need a knitter to do that.

A lurker actually guessed what it is, but since she's a knitter, she has an unfair advantage. She'll be getting another prize. Ya'll are still in the running -- except for testmonkey. He gets another type of prize, up the side of the head.

Kristin.... said...

Ok, I don't know what a lurker is (I am so new to the blogging "experience")....explain?

Another guess? facecloth?

Auntie Nettie said...

@Kristin-

According to wikipedia, this defines a "lurker":

In Internet culture, a lurker is a person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing or other interactive system, but rarely participates.

Sound like anyone we know?

Please tell me you know what wikipedia is, yes?

A facecloth? mmm... Also, not quite.

Kristin.... said...

Tell K to get a friggin blog, will you? :)

yes, I know what Wikipedia is. I'm not that out of it.

Ok, so how about a napkin?

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I was planning on going with testmonkey's guess but I couldn't figure out a polite way to say it. Way to go, testmonkey.

Umm...Umm...Umm...a scarf? A long sock? The sand dunes at the beginning of Disney's Aladdin? Oh wait, am I only allowed one guess?

Auntie Nettie said...

As of Friday, 3/7 we have some very amusing entries.

I guess I'm going to have to put a caveat on here that if I don't know who you are, you can't win prizes. How can I send them to you or give you props if you're Anonymous to me.

Therefore, I STRONGLY encourage the posters if they want to remain Anon Y. Mous to a) sign their entries in the comment if you don't want to create a Blogger ID (it's fine with me really); or b) e-mail me off line if you know who I really am; and/or c) let me know in the comments if you want the prize or no. If you pass on the fabulous prizes, I must warn you, there are no cash equivalents. Auntie Nettie doesn't have any of her own.

Anonymous said...

So...does that mean I won?

Auntie Nettie said...

All will be revealed in time young grasshopper ... or on March 12th!

Keep guessing. I may award a series of prizes.

Anonymous said...

A series of prizes! That sounds even more fun. Let's see, how does one claim a prize if one is trying to be anonymous. Hmm...I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Flax Hill Gardener said...

My mother and I have decided that it is a coral reef.

Auntie Nettie said...

No fair pulling ideas from the New York Times, however much they * might* have inspired this photo.

Flax Hill Gardener said...

We're educators here and have to be up on the news, you know.

Anonymous said...

One more guess...the wig for when you try out for that Wendy's commercial. Or for when you play Pippi Longstocking on broadway.

testmonkey said...

@Anonymous: you just really want to win, huh? I admire that.

Anonymous said...

@testmonkey- indeed. I do love to win things.

@ auntie nettie - Do I have time for a last minute guess? Oh, good. A small scale (and blurry) model of the grand canyon.