______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 21, 2008

Photo of the Day -- Just for Dad

A whole new interpretation of
"Go West, Young Man"
attributed to Horace Greeley,
written by John Soule

11 comments:

Kristin.... said...

Grand Central? I love it. :)

Kristin.... said...

ummm. no comments on my recent blog? really?

OldandGray said...

East / West / North / South just make sure the CLOSED for cleaning sign is not in the way, because if you are a-looking it is too late to change direction!

Susan said...

auntie nettie? Is Old & Gray your mom or dad? I got a comment from them not that long ago and still haven't figured out who it is!

Auntie Nettie said...

@susan -- old&gray are the parental units. Sometimes it's the male unit, sometimes it's the female unit. The key in figuring out if it's one or the other or both (because after 40 years, they are a tight unit) lies in the spelling and punctuation. The former English teacher's is just a tad better.

Auntie Nettie said...

@kristin -- Auntie Nettie loves Kristin and Doug, has known them for as long as they have been dating, courting, commuting, etc. and was honored to be the Maid of Honor at the wedding.

However, Auntie Nettie is making it a blog policy not to comment on other people's children*, parenting skills, marriage, pregnancies,or finances. It's just safer that way.

*unless it is her nieces and nephews.

Kristin.... said...

oh I am quite disappointed. you won't have much to comment on, unless i have more sock tales. :(

Auntie Nettie said...

@kristin -- I don't want a sit'ns to arise like have on moosh and kerflop in recent weeks. I don't need a flame war on the comments.

Plus, what do I know about any of those sit's? No need for editorial comments from those not in the club(s). 'Twould be wrong.

testmonkey said...

My sister-in-law will be quick to tell you it's not just old&gray that needs quick access.

Anonymous said...

I really haven't much to say on the picture. But "a flame war on the comments" can make for the most interesting blogging, you know.

Auntie Nettie said...

So what -- you tried to start one? That's mature.