______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Holiday Repeats: Pecan Pie Muffins

Happy Thanksgiving!

In the spirit of the season, we are going to give thanks for good friends who host, do most of the cooking, and let you hang out with them over a long holiday weekend. You also give thanks for lots of blog posts, so you can mimic the television programs and mix in repeats with some limited new content.

The last two late nights I have been mixing up these seasonal favorites to take as hostess requests/gifts, bags of yumminess for all and sundry. I MAY have eaten a bunch of them myself. They always disappear before I remember to take pictures. 


Pecan Pie Muffins (really, they’re tiny tarts)

Combine:
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, obviously!)
½ cup plain flour (all-purpose is fine)

Add:
2/3 cup butter (regular, salted)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Spray little muffin pan liberally.
Do not overfill tins. Batter will run over the side. Place a pan on a rack underneath your baking tin to prevent having to clean up bottom of oven. Scrubbing your oven the next day is no fun at all.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Important to let them cool down and set so you can get them out of the muffin tin. You may have to coax them out with a knife.

If you are reusing the same pan for rest of batter, clean out tins with paper towel and respray liberally.

Depending on the size of your little muffin pan, you can get 24-48.


Like little tiny decadent bite-sized pecan pies. Good warm!


Originally posted in May 2010

  Taken on Thanksgiving Day 2013

No comments: