______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christmas Countdown: And so it begins

Twas a month before the night before the night before Christmas.

Out of all the nooks and crannies, and drawers, and storage, and trunks, and buckets have come the
cards, ribbons, cookie cutters, notes, baggies, bows, pens, labels, birds, bits and bobs ... and tape ...
to start production on the various groups of holiday cards, partridge in a pear "little birdie" secret gifts, kitchen elf neighborly treats, tokens for drivers/engineers/supers, etc etc etc that are part and parcel of this time of year. I have to start now, despite it not being Thanksgiving yet. My countdown until D(eparture) Day is already on.

What I don't have is stamps!

What I probably will have is carpal tunnel syndrome.

If you would like to be added to the holiday card list, good luck. ... I mean, e-mail me to be added to the roster. Another two or three will not make a difference when the list is already over - wow - 80 something.

No comments: