______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Weekends 2012: Games with the Girls

What beats the summer heat/day off doldrums but a day out with your girl friends, for food, fun, laughter, and re-discovering your inner children?

I met up with Amelia and Christine for an afternoon of sensory overload at a suburban marketing mecca that housed a Dave & Busters. Look at the girls go!

Skeeball, Hoops, Wack-a-Mole, Dance Dance Revolution, Ms. Pac-Mac, Air Hockey, and so much more ... including a game where I oh-so-slightly scared them with some stress-relieving shoot out with digital demons. Watch out!




I tried to document how fast the girl were going in this Speed of Light game, but my pictures were all blurry.


Waiting for an "artistic" rendering of the three of us, by a mechanical Michaelango.


More fun and games. Check out the cheater at hoops there on the right.


The Shushing Librarian joined us, of course, and had her own version of a good time. She spent a lot of time trying to get to the chocolate, the bullion, reliving some good times on her Harley,

feeling the need---the need for speed, and trying to let off some stress by imagining particularly problematic patron's faces on targets, oggling the dudes, and batting for swag.

After we escaped the sensory overload and a spice load-up trip to Penzeys, we revisited the scene of the Service Shower to say hi! to Alithia and family ... just timed perfectly (somehow) for dinner. Grilled pizza, salad, and a show from a wee small boyo, Alex.


Good food. Good friends. Good day.

No comments: