______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2010 - 1st Quarter

If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from the library -- the most magical place in the world!

Go forth and use your library card and READ!
See what a good example Grandmary is being to young Amber and Drew?

January 2010
Best Friends Forever: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner
Long May She Reign by Ellen Emerson White
Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis #3) by Tori Carrington
Working Stiff (Sofie Metropolis #4) by Tori Carrington
Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mysteries, Book 7) by Victoria Laurie
An Echo in the Bone: A Novel (Outlander #7) by Diana Gabaldon
La's Orchestra Saves the World: A Novel by Alexander McCall Smith
The Mercy of Thin Air: A Novel by Ronlyn Domingue
Can't Stand The Heat (A Recipe for Love) by Louisa Edwards
Grave Secret (Harper Connelly Mysteries, Book 4) by Charlaine Harris
The Wedding Girl: A Novel by Madeleine Wickham

February 2010
Exile's Honor (A Novel of Valdemar) by Mercedes Lackey
Exile's Valour (A Novel of Valdemar) by Mercedes Lackey
If Wishing Made It So by Lucy Finn
Waking Up in Charleston by Sherryl Woods
See Jane Date: A Novel by Melissa Senate
Except the Queen by Jane Yolen and Midori Snyder
Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel by Ronda Thompson
The Accidental Sorcerer (Rogue Agent Book 1) by K.E. Mills
Fireworks Over Toccoa: A Novel by Jeffrey Stepakoff (ARC)
Finger Lickin' Fifteen (A Stephanie Plum Novel) by Janet Evanovich
Strange Things Happen: A Life with The Police, Polo, and Pygmies by Stewart Copeland

March 2010
Healing Waters: Sullivan Crisp Series by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn
Healing Sands: Sullivan Crisp Series by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) by Gail Carriger
Keeping the Feast: One Couple's Story of Love, Food, and Healing in Italy by Paula Butturini (ARC)
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Moon Women by Pamela Duncan
Flirt by Laurell K. Hamilton
One Amazing Thing: A Novel by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (ARC)
According To Jane by Marilyn Brant
Asking for Trouble: A Novel by Elizabeth Young
Heat Wave by "Richard Castle"
A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my kitchen table by Molly Wizenberg, the creator of Orangette
Haunted Ground: A Novel (Book 1) By Erin Hart
What I Did for Love: A Novel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

No comments: