______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 17, 2015

'Tis Time for Tea, Holiday Tea

I have mentioned earlier, for the first time in my tenure at Caramoor and for probably the first time in over 30 years, the Music Room of the Rosen House was cleared of its wooden risers and chairs. This opened up entertaining options, not only for the fancy folks, but so that the company could almost double it's capacity on the very popular tea excursions. It's a tradition now, spring teas, Mothers & Others Teas, autumnal "Spooky" Teas, and the very popular Holiday Teas.

As a way to experience this seasonal treat in the new configuration, and to toast to the Team, the department treated us all to Holiday Tea.

It was lovely, and not at all awkward (she says sarcastically), when it came to the sing-a-long portion.

In the Formal Dining Room's Breakfast Nook, they had set up a static display of what tea may have looked like, oh lo - those many years ago.
Watch out for the HR nightmare of mistletoe leading into the Music Room.
Apparently ONE of the senior managers who should know better, was really into it.
Isn't the Room lovely? (This was a tea earlier in the week.)
 Matt, our lovely volunteer, pretended he didn't really know us and ushered us to our seats.
  I do love this china pattern. It's a shame to put food on it.
 Thanks, boss.
 Performance by the Avalon Jazz Band.
   Tea-time
 (or in my case, 'still water and sipping herbal tea guiltily' time)

 Two tiers of this were sandwiches; one was sweets
 Have I mentioned? This group is NOT into sweets.
I just ... *shakes head*


Even though December is our busiest "dialing-for-dollars" / "beating the bushes" time of year, with 
mailings, sign- and phon-athons, mailings, mailings, and more mailings,
it is still important to have bonding time and celebration surviving the Festival and year.

Cheers!
"pinkies up"

(I "should" apologize to Alex for the photo above, but ... HO HO HO!)

~ photos by iPhone

No comments: