______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, September 17, 2012

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2012 - August

If you have happened to stumble across the blog, I'm .... well, shocked. I can't even get my family to read this thing, forget acquaintances, colleagues, friends, or cyber-stumbler-uponers/strangers. But welcome!

I'm Auntie Nettie, and this is my version of Jo (from Little Women) scribbling in the garret.

This blog has become a bit of an archive for me to try and keep track of some of my activities, readings, wonderings, and wanderings. It's also a bit of a therapy log - including an actual log of some of my craft therapy projects. Rather than eat my pain (I kid, but I don't), I try to keep my hands busy, to varying degrees of success.

To recap some of August, you could read through some of the archives to see that I:
~went on a lot of walks through New York City that month;
~did some Island Hopping;
~tried to meet some friends (sorry to miss you Casey and Poopeh), and did see some others, like Christine and Amelia (a bunch of times!), and the library gang;
~ saw off my summer intern with a long lunch with colleagues;
~ cleared out and organized more of the personal archives;
~ caught up on televisions programs;
~ went to the Botanical Garden;
~ took a couple of sick days, prior to the real "fun" beginning; and
~ had a week that I would prefer to forget, except that it resulted in a shiny new bathtub and quality up-close-and-personal time with Wendy and Emily.

It was a very, very, very "interesting" month, and I am just hoping that all the drama got out of my universe's orbit, so I can just deal with September.

Perhaps, in retrospect, that is actually why so many little birds hatched in my attic. Or, maybe, why there was so much POOP to deal with?

In any event, here are the many creations from August, including:


ANA 2012-55: Fuzzy Slouchy Hat
(mystery tag sale yarn, acrylic, as well as mystery chenille)

(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2012-56: Mini Purple Owlie
(assorted leftover mystery yarn and batting)ANA 2012-57 and 58: Red-winged Blackbird family, adult and child
(Assorted leftover yarns, acrylic, and batting)
(as of 12/13 no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-59: Black and White Owlie
(Assorted leftover yarn, chenille, acrylic, and batting)

(as of 4/14, no longer available, sold)
ANA 2012-60: Rainbow Rook
(Leftover mix of yarns, acrylic and chenille, batting, and button)
(as of 12/13, no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-61: Grey-flecked Owlie
(Assorted leftover yarns, chenille, acrylic, metallic, batting, and buttons)
(as of 2014, no longer available)
ANA 2012-62 and 63: Fuzzy-winged Birdies
(Assorted mystery acrylic yarns and batting)

(as of 12/13 no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-64: Light-blue Owlie
(Leftover mystery yarn and batting)
(as of 4/14, no longer available, sold)
ANA 2012-65: Dark-blue Owlie
(Leftover mystery acrylic yarn and batting)

(as of 2014, no longer available)
These two were completed during August, but I totally forgot to record them in my log, so the numbers are out of order!

ANA 2012-68: Mini two-toned boys hat
(Leftover mystery yarn)

(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2012-69: Exotic Pastel Sparrow
(Leftover mix of acrylic yarns and batting)

(as of 4/14, no longer available, sold)
Still in progress:

2012: Presents for Phineas and Ferbina, the nephew and niece to be. Not posted here as they were supposed to be a surprise for my sister-in-law's shower. Thanks to FedEx, they were scheduled to get to Nevada at 4:30 - and the shower was scheduled I believe for 5:30! That's cutting it a bit close, no?

2010: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Didn't you read all about the sagas of the month? It's amazing I got anything done ... at all!

So, about the etsy.com shop. Again, when have I had time? IF what was discussed by my friend Wendy actually happens, HOPEFULLY, I can pack a bunch of animals and/or scarfs off to her and she'll schlep them to a community-church craft bazaar. (Please, please, please!) If not, the animals will continue to run the asylum and threaten to choke me. (As of this weekend, the count was 37 birdies, 2 pandas, 1 polar bear family of three, 10 bunnies - and that's not counting the scarves, hats, bags, and blankies -- I need a shop keeper.)

HOWEVER, if you see something here that you must adopt, please contact me for prices and availability. You would be helping me clean out the Attic.

I have a stash of fabric, bits, and bobs that I would love to run through the sewing machine, but I'm trying to stick with one craft obsession at a time.

No comments: