______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Summer Weekends 2012: Holiday Honeymoon?

Even though the bosses gave us early dismissal on the Friday of Labor Day weekend, I decided to leave at my regular time*. I had no plans that required an early get-away, so I just stuck around. Metro-North has started adding extra trains for the evening rush, however, to accommodate all the traffic.

I got to Grand Central on Friday, to find that the boards weren't showing where my usual train was supposed to be. I headed into the vast room, to peer up and see if I could figure out what was up.

Of course, my train is the only one on these two display boards with no track showing.
In my head, I was muttering to people: "Get out of my way. I need to catch a train."
When I looked down, and said to myself: "WHOA! That's not the kind of train I was talking about."
Into the crowd of commuters, right in front of me as I looked up, blithely walked a bride and groom, who stood and posed for pictures for about a minute (look at her gazing up at him and the semi-blase New Yorkers)and then walked off---happily, I'm assuming--to their reception.Now, if I had left early for the weekend, I would have missed this little slice of NYC life. A scenario that lasted all of about 5 minutes total.

Taken with my iTouch - which I had out just to capture the irony that MY train (out of about 50) was the one with no listing.

*plus there was the fact that I left at 12 the day before for a lunch appointment, and simply put, just didn't go back to work at all. didn't tell anyone. didn't ask. just didn't go back.

No comments: