______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Retroblogging 1980: September 11, 1980


9/11/80

Today I got up when mom got us all up. Then I got dressed and went down for breakfast. For breakfast I had rolls. Then I went to school. At school I did math, reading, coloring, and had lunch and came home. When I got home I did some work. And had supper. But before then Dad came home. Yesterday I wote to Audrey. But today Jed wote to Jeff, his friend.


All I can think of when I see journal entries like this from a cool fall September day dated the 11th, is wonder how many other people just got up, got dressed, had breakfast, and went along their day - without an indication that it was going to be one of those dates that you ended up not forgetting due to world events.

I may not remember September 11, 1980, but I can't forget September 11, 2001.

I pray we never do.

No comments: