______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2012 - 3rd Quarter

If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library or a public library.
Go forth, use your library card and READ!

July 2012
Eldest (Inheritance Saga No. 2) by Christopher Paolini
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Undead and Unstable by MaryJanice Davidson
book or two I forgot
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Brisingr (Inheritance Saga No. 3) by Christopher Paolini
Little Night: A Novel by Luanne Rice
Island Apart: A Novel by Steven Raichlen
Maman's Homesick Pie: A Persian Heart in an American Kitchen by Donia Bijan

August 2012
City of Ravens: London, the Tower and its Famous Birds by Boria Sax
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Sugarhouse: Turning the Neighborhood Crack House into Our Home Sweet Home by Matthew Batt
The Violets of March: A Novel by Sarah Jio
The Jane Austen Marriage Manual: A Novel by Kim Izzio
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen
Ten Girls to Watch: A Novel by Charity Shumway (ARC)
Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas
Darcy's Story: Pride and Prejudice told from a whole new perspective by Jane Aylmer

September 2012

Wallflower in Bloom: A Novel by Claire Cook

The Watchers by Jon Steele
2 books from own collections I forgot to record
The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy
The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh
The Book of Mormon Girl by Joanna Brooks (in progress)
 


No comments: