______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Letters from Grandmas/40 Diamonds for 40 extras

Many of the blog entries this summer are due to culling through various materials that my mother had accumulated over the years, moved from Utah to CT, and ultimately, left in my possession when the CT house went on the market and they moved back west.

I've been staring at the Rubbermaid tub of stuff (stuffed animals, accordion files bursting with cards, "art," letters, reports cards, assignments, certificates, pictures, etc.) for over a year and half. I finally started tackling the stash, and have been sorting and sharing.

In doing so, I came across a treasure trove of birthday cards and notes from my aunts, great aunts, and most wonderfully, my grandmothers. I now have additions for the Letters from Grandmas installments, which went up a year or two ago. Touchingly, I have birthday cards that reflect my Grandpa Jack's presence in my life from birth to my 7th birthday.

Since this is my big 40th year, I feel that finding these forgotten gems are little touches from above, to let me know that my 40 Diamonds at 40 birthday wasn't forgotten.

Love you all Grandma Roa, Grandma Ollie J, and Grandpa Jack.

THANKS MOM!

No comments: