______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, August 17, 2012

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2012 - July

I've been flipping through my various calendars trying to figure out where July went.

The weather was ridiculously hot and humid, with lots of storms and showers, so I wasn't out and about on crazy fields trips as much as I should have. I mean, I did have somewhat of a social life.
~I went to see Pixar's Brave with my friend Cynthia, where we reveled in the Scottish dialectic and wonderful animation.

~I also spent a fun Summer Friday on a busman's holiday at Caramoor, celebrating Paul's 20 years of service.


~ But mostly, I spent it in the Attic, doing some cleaning up out from under the rafters, going through trunks of childhood stuff. You'll have seen some of the retroblogging already of papers, pictures, and documents, but there are still many many things left to post weeks and months from now. (Seriously. I already have written a few posts for May 2013. Tomorrow? Not so much -- but May 2013 is full of stuff.)

While I was doing that, I might have also been catching up on summer television programming - including the awful Olympic coverage of the Opening Ceremonies -

or mostly, hiding out in the air-conditioning, working my way through the yarn stash on projects like these:


ANA 2012-43:
Green Chenille Slouchy Cap

(partial skein of mystery acrylic yarn, plus remnants of other chenille skeins)
Goes with ANA 2012-45: Pocket Scarf
ANA 2012-44: Small Newsboy Cap
(partial skein of acrylic Red Heart 4-ply sport weight yarn)

(as of 11/2012, no longer available, donated to Hats for the Homeless)
ANA 2012-45: Chenille Flower Pocket Scarf
(partial skein of mystery acrylic yarn, plus remnants of other mystery chenille)

Part of a set with ANA 2012-43: Slouchy Hat
ANA 2012-46: Child Monster hat
(Part of a skein of Caron Sport 4-ply acrylic, leftover bits of other acrylics)
ANA 2012-47: Chenille White/Violet Bunny
(remnants of mystery acrylic chenille, Lion Brand acrylic chenille, button and batting)
(as of 12/13, no longer available, Toys for Tots)
ANA 2012-48: Over-sized Bunny
(partial skein of mystery acrylic chenille and batting)
ANA 2012-49: Red-winged Blackbird
(remnants of miscellaneous acrylic yarns, chenille, batting, and button)
(as of 12/13 no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-50: White-winged Blackbird
(remnants of miscellaneous yarns, chenille, batting and button)
(as of 12/13 no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-51: Rare Violet-winged Snowbird
(remnants of miscellaneous yarns, chenille, batting and button)
(as of 4/14, no longer available, sold)
ANA 2012-52, 53, and 54: Child-sized Dinosaur hats
(partial skeins of Caron Simply Soft acrylic yarn)

(as of 10/2013, no longer available)
To give credit again, when credit is due, the monster hat and the dinosaur hats was adapted from another blogger, The Boy Trifecta and her Crochet Monster Hat Pattern. (Links can be found in June's roster of projects.)Still in progress:

2010: The multi-colored albatross. I have to finish that dang thing already.

The etsy.com shop listings have indeed expired. I have to deal with all the bags and buckets and piles of projects to get them up and online. If I can clear the back-log, maybe I can move on to other craft projects? Like sewing, and using up the trunk of fabric stash, buttons, bits, and bobs I also have stored in the dark recesses of the Attic closets.

If you do see something on these posts that interests you, please e-mail for updated availability, sizes, more photos, and estimates on prices and shipping/handling.

No comments: