______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 30, 2012

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2012 - 1st Quarter

If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library or a public library.

Go forth, use your library card and READ!

January 2012
Matched by Ally Condie
Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult (didn't finish)
Three Sisters Island trilogy by Nora Roberts (from own library, reread)
Key Trilogy by Nora Robert (from own library, reread)
Lost Truth (Truth Novel 4) by Dawn Cook
Other Waters: A Novel by Eleni N. Gage (ARC)
The Dressmaker: A Novel by Kate Alcott (ARC)

February 2012
The Time in Between: A Novel by Maria Duenas, translated by Daniel Hahn (ARC)
Heat Rises (A Nikki Heat Novel) by "Richard Castle"
Eragon (Inheritance Cycle Book 1) by Christopher Paolini
Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Wolf at the Door by MaryJanice Davidson
Down These Strange Streets (an anthology) edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
Passing Love: A Novel by Jacqueline E. Luckett

March 2012
Smokin' Seventeen (A Stephanie Plum Novel) by Janet Evanovich
Explosive Eighteen (A Stephanie Plum Novel) by Janet Evanovich
The Rook: A Novel On Her Majesty's Supernatural Secret Service by Daniel O'Malley
Knit One Pearl One: A Novel by Gil McNeil
The Garden Intrigue (A Pink Carnation Novel) by Lauren Willig
A Perfect Blood (A Rachel Morgan/Hollows Novel) by Kim Harrison
Death Comes to Pemberly by P.D. James
The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley (from my own library)*

*What? You don't pick thematic reading selections for your weekend getaways?

Avalon Beach, Avalon, New Jersey

Previous lists may be found here.

No comments: