______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2012 - February

February is a short month, which is all to the good - except for when you are trying to see people, do things, and would like to also spend time at home crafting.

This month, somehow, I managed to:
~survive my birthday -- and yes, survive is the correct adjective. It's a big birthday, as you'll have been reading, and why I don't mind the tributes that are being posted on the blog, having to be up, functional, and at work, while trying to get through it like it was just another day was tricky. Luckily most of my family and friends know how I get, so we had our phone and Skype time prior to the day. My colleagues at work were also clued in/warned, and so, thankfully, kept the fuss to a bare minimum;
~ have lots of meals with friends, i.e.:
-brunch with Poopeh,
-lunch with Christine and Tammy,
-lunch with Jane,
-lunch with Susan, and
-lunch with Ed and Arsi;
as well as:
~get my taxes done,
~work late FAR too many days;
~catch up on television programs, including Downton Abbey;
~and to attend a recital or two.

Oh, and I got sick. AGAIN. Darn stress.

One of the things I did NOT get done this month was to take advantage of the Lion Brand Yarn specials. During the week of your birthday, if you head down to their Studio space on 15th Street in NYC and show proof, you get 20% of your entire purchase. Now, I really need to stock up on some stuff, like gender specific baby blanket materials, but the universe conspired against me, with work appointments, conference calls, and 10-12 hour work days. I suppose it's just as well. (Right? It saved me money, didn't it?)

One of the resolutions I made LAST year was not to buy any more yarn until I used up the stash I already had lurking around, hiding in closets, stuffed between books on the shelves, and between furniture. Aside from a few slip-ups, I've been holding firm to that resolution. I've prodigiously been turning out blankets from the stash I had, as well as scarves, and hats. I have so much inventory for the etsy.com shop! SO MUCH.


The other unfortunate side effect? Stuffed animals are breeding like, well ... rabbits up in here. Not only that, they are trying to find ways to escape the Attic to find new homes. Help me out, please. Make an offer in the comments, or DM, or e-mail me for prices and availability, or head over to the shop where I've got the bunnies, birdies, and bears listed. I'd even trade. A bunny for a skein of certain types of yarn .... *


ANA 2012-13: Purple Bunny
(mystery acrylic yarn, batting, and buttons)
(as of 4/2012 no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-14: Rose Bunny
(mystery acrylic yarn, batting, and button)
ANA 2012-15: Maroon Bunny
(mystery acrylic yarn, batting, and buttons)

(as of 2014, no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-16: Pink Bunny
(part of a skein of Caron Simply Soft yarn, batting, and button)
(as of 05/2012, no longer available)
ANA 2012-17: Halloween Hare
(part of skeins of Caron Simply Soft and Lion Brand Micro Spun yarns, batting, and button)

(as of 12/13 no longer available, Toys for Tots)
ANA 2012-18: Orange Bunny
(part of skein of Lion Brand Micro Spun, batting, and buttons)
(as of 4/2012, no longer available, gifted)
ANA 2012-19: Out-of-this-world Roving Rabbit
(part of skein of Caron Simply Soft, ball of mystery acrylic novelty yarn, batting, and buttons)
(as of 8/2012, no longer available, to be a Toy Society toy)
ANA 2012-20: Mint Green bunny
(part of skein of Red Heart Baby Sport Pompadour yarn, batting, and button)

(as of 2014, no longer available, gifted)
Still in Progress:

2012 UFO 1: A bird? A bunny? Parts of 2 birds? I don't know yet. I'll have to see.
2010: Multi-fiber, multi-colored blanket aka the bane of my existence
Hi. I'm Auntie Nettie, and not only am I a workaholic, a biblioholic, a chocoholic,
I'm a yarnoholic.Yes. The shop is open. Please help me out. Shop and clear things out of my studio.

No comments: