______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, December 12, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Christmas: New York Version

With apologies to Clement Clarke Moore:

'Twas weeks before Christmas, when all through my house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were thrown in the basket sans care,

In hopes that the Laundry Fairy soon would be there;

My neighbors were definitely not in their beds,

As they were having a party up over my head;

As their laughter continued and the tunes tuned to rap,

I found it impossible to settle into my nap,

When outside the window there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Across the apartment I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The sun had not set on the street filled with cars

As witnesses stood with their jaws wide ajar,

When, what to our wondering eyes should appear,

Some moron climbing up in festive party gear.

“What the heck!?” says I, (an original retort),

“What you are doing is worth a report!

“For not so kosher or safe is your plan,

To bedeck and bedazzle our place, to make glam.”

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And strung all the lights; then turned (what a jerk!),

Then laying a “finger” on the bridge of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the escape swiftly he rose;

He sprang to his ledge, to his friends gave a whistle,

And at the party they grooved and "threw down" some tinsel.

But I heard him exclaim, a lot through that night,

"Merry Christmas to all, ‘cuz now it’s just right."

Seriously. That's the view from my fire escape. You can't make this stuff up people.

No comments: