______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Traditions: Christmas 2010


I'm so grateful that I actually recorded this family get-together. It was the first time in years all of us were together as a unit for Christmas. Usually, either someone was working the overnight, one portion of the family was on one coast, while others flew west, or other members were/are heaven knows where. Grandparents' homes make nice neutral territories to gather for presents and food.

We all thought that Christmas 2010 would be the first of many grand gathering of the clan around the chimney and tree. Who was to know that some of the family would move further north this past year? It won't be the same this year without 5-6 key people, but it will be equally as zany. Christmas "morning" will be held later in the week, so travelers can arrive, overnight nurses can get OT, and "so other people can get their heads screwed on straight."

Aside from all the rapidly flying inside jokes that we'll be the only ones to truly appreciate, this oddly edited (and slightly long) video shows a snapshot of time when little ones were still crawling, cuddling, singing, and playing with their cousins without complaint, grandparents and parents were bouncing wee ones on their knee, and illustrates Auntie Nettie endeavoring to play videographer -- odd, since there are two professionals in the group who usually do it.
(This is how I'm NOT in the picture - part of my well-thought-out plan.)

Pie anyone? Is it Christmas yet?

(If you can't view it here, it can be found at: http://youtu.be/8XwVHZdtgIE)

1 comment:

CRBosco321 said...

Oh, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your family Christmas celebrations. My favorite part was hide-n-seek...14, 15, 16, 72, 73, ready!