______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Traditions: Cookie Exchanges/Decorating

Many thanks to Jess for inviting me over the river and across the train tracks to her holiday cookie exchange. It was so wonderful to go and socialize in a nice mellow environment with great food. Bonus? The IT Boys are getting a variety pack of cookies today (or what's left. I had to eat some of the tiny cupcakes and the Oreo Truffles! Editing note: Snafu in the delivery to the IT Boys. Somehow they ended up with peanut butter crisps and the MailRoom got the assorted cookie exchange pack. Don't deliver when distracted.)

In addition to food, drink, and conversation, there were sugar cookies to decorate. One tip though, when attending a party with professional prop masters, set decorators, and theatrical types from drama programs, Broadway, Off-Broadway, and off-off Broadway productions, don't expect to even come close to looking like you are knowing what you are doing when it comes to decorating.

That top row .. can you see? Some of those look like vintage ornaments.
Lots of little kids running about also helps set the mood, though they want to eat the cookies not decorate.
Cookies by Ms. Lili with help from Mom.
Finally, one reminder for the holiday season ....

Don't eat the yellow snow...man!
Oh yeah. I went there. I had to do it.

No comments: