______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Recipes from Aunt Flora -- Janean's "Santa Punch"

Need to punch Santa? No? What about making Santa punch? Maybe I'm just punchy from too much holiday stress? Yes.

So ... here's a little something to try for the season. Spike or not, as you will, to get through the Hollydaze.

Santa Punch

1 pint cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
2 cups cold water
1 6 oz can frozen orange juice, undiluted
14 oz. ginger ale, chilled

Combine cranberry juice, orange concentrate, and water. Just before serving, add ice. Pour soda down side of bowl.

Why punch? Because that's what I want(ed) to do when I went to my local drugstore to buy holiday spice drops for the recipe I wanted to try for today AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE THEM! How can it be the holidays without spice drops? Oh, I know ... because now they have to carry every single M&M, Mars product, or Hersey product in holiday wrapping, flavors, or assorted mix bags like it's Halloween.

No traditional old-fashioned candies? Another reason why I'm a Grinch this season.

Xmas list to date:
Xmas cards bought and addressed and in mail: ALL DONE
Xmas ornaments: ALL DONE
Presents bought and wrapped: ALL DONE
Presents left to be shipped: 2
Home Decor: Just the door. Simplicity is the order of the house
Holiday Baking - IN PROGRESS -- this weekend's tally:
6 apple bread loaves
2 batches of Apple Hermits
2 batches of peanut butter cookies
1 batch of snicker doodles
1 batch of peanut brittle
(ow, my poor arm/shoulder/neck/feet)
Holiday Cheer: still severely lacking due to stress being high
Grinch Factor, on a scale of 1 (low) to 10 (high): 1 (2 weeks until a 3 week vacation!!)

fa la la la la, la freaking la

1 comment:

The Very Busy Harpist said...

what is a spice drop? Are those the gum drops that are shaped like little bells?