______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Photo of the Day: Snowy Streets

Street scene, New York; around 11:40 p.m., January 26, 2011
presented with these comments:
It sure is pretty when viewed from the relative warmth of the fire escape, and when appreciating, once again, that you a) don't have to shovel the sidewalks, and b) don't have to fight for parking anymore.

Everyone seems to be home, tucked up in bed, asleep, except for me. I just had to grab the camera. I ducked my head out the attic window (in my jammies), turned the flash off, and hoped for the best. I love the rosy glow of the street light against the snow. Look how it shadows the mysterious tracks by the tree trunk and the footprints of the couple that just walked by, hand-in-hand under a pair of umbrellas.

5:00 a.m. update - The only time that texts are welcome at this pre-dawn hour is when they tell you you can go back to bed because YOU FINALLY HAVE A SNOW DAY. I may have been jipped earlier this month, but karma does balance out occasionally.

And no, even though I brought home with me, and could virtually access the office mainframe, I am not working today on my salaried/insured office paperwork. NOT in any way, shape or form.

Snow days mean, crafting, movies, and baking.

No comments: