______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Drew!

Happy 6th Birthday Drew!

I can't believe how big you are getting.

I love that you are becoming a little gentleman. Here you are at your cousin Nathan's May 2010 blessing.
But I also love that you are a little goofy about being photographed, just like your aunt. What a face. Tell us how you really feel.Even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time together in August 2010, it was fun playing with you at Grandmary's new house, pretending to be Iron Man and hide-and-seek. You may wonder why I'm including these photos ... well, you so rarely seem to slow down, I had to document you getting sleepy, and showing your downward-facing-dog pose. (Also, you have a cute little behind my dear!)I hope you had fun staying with me at Grandmary's house for the holidays. Look at you, all snuggled up in your Cars sleeping bag, reading all those books.I do forgive you for beating me at Uno. You are a great card player. One day, little man ... we will have to have a rematch.You are getting so comfortable with technology. It was super cute how you were talking to your dad on the phone on New Year's Eve. Keep calling me as often as you want. I love your phone calls and your many voice messages. Do you know, I have some of yours saved from almost three years ago?!Now that Grandmary and GrumpMax BOTH have laptops with Skype on them, maybe you can talk to me on the computer t.v. more often. Wouldn't that be fun?It was also really fun to go hiking with you in Snow Canyon on New Year's Day. What a great way to start out 2011.I really love how fearless and energetic you are, you little mountain goat, even if you make me feel really old and out of shape. Never lose that joy of exploration. There are so many adventures for you, around every bend.Finally, even though sometimes you can seem like an Irritator dinosaur to them,know that your parents love you, so very very much. You are their blessing and their joy.

Happy Birthday, my Drewbug,

Xo,

Auntie Nettie

p.s. I love these little videos.

c. May 2010, playing around in the backseat, you thought I was taking photos.

c. August 2010, reading your Primary talk to Grandmary and GrumpaMax

No comments: