______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 3, 2010

Photo of the Day - Craft Show 2010

Provincetown, October 2010

I wish I could have my annual crafts show from 10-5, and in such a lovely venue as a New England church. Alas, it was supposed to be today during lunch, in a lowly conference room.

I have to give props to the organizers of large events -- it's not easy. I had people drop in and out of this thing, and until Wednesday wasn't sure if I was going to be the only person trying to hawk my wares, not to mention having a special corner of the Attic converted to Kelli's Kard Korner.

I had my fingers crossed that people would come and "adopt" many a stuffed animal and snag a scarf or two. You see, the Attic is running out of storage places, and I still can't rope Grumpa Max into running an on-line shop for me. I just want to make stuff -- this whole selling thing is a pain in the butt.

Unfortunately, due to a whole series of factors that include the aforementioned people dropping in and out, and office politics, it was determined to "postpone" out of an abundance of caution. Instead, my colleague and I are holding what we are calling: viewing hours/trunk shows. If asked, no money is exchanging hands in the building or on the property. People can place orders to be filled off-site and communication will done after hours and not via company e-mails. Policies, procedures, conflicts of interest, blah, blah, blah. Such fun. [The Man is stifling my creative outlet, but since I'd rather be employed, you do what you got to do!]


So, have no fear. Lots of stuff is still available. If you have your eye on something, please check the Merchandise link on the right there, and contact me for pricing and other fees.

No comments: