______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 3, 2010

Farmer's Market Parody - Farewell to a-ha

Warning: This video is not suitable for my parental units (seriously guys, there is swearing in this), people who have no sense of humor (or at least a basic understanding of British humor), suburbanites with no funny bones, or people who are too serious about farming, food, or organics, or just too serious in general. Contains strong language (again, folks, I'm not kidding -- this post is not for you), cutting sarcasm, and thick British accents, along with cameos from '80s pop stars, silly walks and dancing, and a whole cornocopia of stereotypes



courtesy of the British comedians Armstrong & Miller. (Have to find out which series this was from or if it was part of the sketch show.)

Why is it here? Didn't you catch the Morten Harket (from a-ha) reference? Too fast? Didn't you hear the theme from Take on Me when the Land Rover pulled up and out he popped to set up his stall in the Farmer's Market ... which ... work with me here, rhymes with Morten Harket -- and THERE's the Auntie Nettie's Attic tie-in!

I know. I know. It's a stretch. But it's my blog and I'll be silly if I want to.

Anyway, far far away, over the river and across the sea, the long long farewell tour for a-ha is coming to a close with concerts in Oslo. I am not there, sadly, but I am so glad that I have good friends who made sure I did see them before it was too late. Thanks Christine.

Thanks again, Mags, Paul, and Morten, for years of melodic magic.

1 comment:

Flax Hill Gardener said...

Armstrong & Miller have their own 1/2 hour sketch comedy show on the BBC. My mom LOVES that show.