______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Star and other Strange NYC Sightings

As I was walking down Park Avenue last evening en route to Grand Central Terminal, enjoying a brisk spring evening, grooving to my ishuffle and dodging cabs, who did I happen to walk right by?

Jim Belushi and Dan Aykroyd

Guys, hope you made it to your function on time. You made my night.

Also spotted on the streets of New York -- the updated version of the Grim Reaper meets the 1880s meets Mr. Lincoln meets who-knows-what!

6 plus feet plus of hirsute oddness,
aka THIS GUY
You know someone is odd-looking when even jaded Upper West Siders/New Yorkers turn and gawk and comment to each other on the street corner. I thought this guy looked odd to just me, but apparently he's pretty unusual for these here parts. As I happened to have to follow him out of the subway and down four blocks to the library, I heard many remarks and saw many a double take, and NOT at me for being so obvious in digging my camera out of the bottom of my bag and then snapping away.

(Judge me not. You would have done the same.)

The bushy ponytail and full frizzly beard were scary enough from the back. Thank goodness for the zoom function. I was NOT going to get closer, or to go around and see what he looked like from the front. There might have been some red glowing eyes or horns or something.