______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Horoscope: January 10, 2016

Aquarius

You will enjoy life more if you stop trying to force things.* Also, it is a universal truth that the more you give the more you get in return, so bestow good things on other people this week - and good things will come back to you.**

Which is why I was on the phone at 8pm on a Sunday night talking to a former colleague through a database and query and report functions that she hasn't used in at least three years.

Or something.

Or recreating this post since the Internet ate it as a sacrifice earlier this evening.

Or something.

*Speaking of not forcing things.

Speak the Single Ladies' Truth, Lady Mary

This is what all the Aunties are saying when GDawg never really materializes.

** I never play the lotto, but this week I did give a $2IOU to the work pool for the ginormous multi-state lotto. We didn't win, which is probably a relief. I don't have a financial planner or tax attorney lined up, (and really, office pools, do those ever REALLY work out?), but oh ... the dreams of just giving notice to "working" one day - and leaving non-profit life 4EVA! 

If I'm good, can some of the good things that come back to me be tax-free remuneration?

No comments: