______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2013 - July, August, September

I've been flipping through my notes from the summer trying to remember what it was that kept me so busy. It was things that have no visible output on the blog; things like culling through closets, buckets, shelves, etc. Other items on the summer agenda were finishing "grown-up" life projects - like running and cleaning credit reports, shredding bills and documents, getting rid of old electronics, etc. etc. etc.

MOST importantly, at least to me, it was imperative to finally finish off crafting projects that I had laying around the Attic. 

To that end, here's the few projects from July through September.

ANA 2013-22: Purple Scarf 
 

It's a miracle only 3 years in the making! HOLY COW.

Can I have a moment to savor the fact that the UFO/Bane of My Existence is FINALLY Finished.

ANA 2013-23: 
(Multiple skeins of white Caron sport yarn, arcylic; and Lion Brand Roma yarn, acrylic - Roma, discontinued)

BEFORE
 AFTER
 

Much like my life, I don't know why I was so "stuck" on this. I only needed a (three years and a) four-day weekend of no interruptions to power through it. And now, it's done. Whoo-hoo! (Though, fair warning - it is SUPER warm. Don't, like me, have a lap full of this stuff when it is over 80-100 degrees. It may look light, but it gets HOT fast.)

ANA 2013-24: Little Bitty Blankie, Fuchsia
(4 skeins of Plymouth Yarns, Dreambaby DK, 0306, Silly Spots, acrylic and nylon)

ANA 2013-25: Old-fashion Capelet
(Leftover skeins of Lion Brand ROMA acrylic, discontinued)

Now that the UFO is done .. I need to get cracking selling these things. Next project? Maybe more trunk sales. And getting the shop up and running. 

Maybe next year.

No comments: