______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Retroblogging: Fancy Hats are Fascinating


Crafts in Chelsea, October 2012

Due to the recent fascination with fascinators (Thanks Duchess Kate), the booth bedecked with a variety of shapes, colors, and styles of fancies was attracting a lot of attention. From floral clips and posy pompoms, to ribbon headbands, to simple bands with crocheted blossoms, it was like a rainbow of cranium accessories. (I'm sorry Elle, I didn't get you this orange pretty.)

It was the kind of booth where the attendant encouraged us to try on things. So -- Jane and I had to play. With varying results. Granted, I was picking up the most ridiculous things ever to put on my head.
Yeah, I don't think so either. I just can't carry these off in my normal life. A hat like this requires a vintage bell-skirt velvet 1950's cocktail dress and heels, and little handbag. Imagine Queen Elizabeth II in the 1950s.

I'm just not the type of girl to look like a peacock. Wait, let me check...
 Nope. Just won't work in my life.

 Jane, however, looks ADORABLE in her feathered headdresses. 
I can't remember which one she ended  up with, but one of the last two. She can carry them off. I really hope she wore them for her autumnal concerts/Thanksgiving gatherings.

Actually, Jane - being even more English than I am (and I'm pretty English) -- seems to be able to carry off just about any kind of feathered fancy. See? Tiny hat on me? Not so much. Large fly-away feathers on Jane. Super cute!

Hey Jane! Let's go find another craft fair soon and play dress up some more!


(Jenn! Wake up. It's okay. I should have warned you!)

No comments: