______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, June 28, 2013

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2013 - 2nd Quarter

Well, I usually read a lot MORE (see the earlier lists), but this year has also been "read"iculous. I was on the road/rails a lot, or staring at my iTouch or computer screens. 

The usual caveat applies: If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library or a public library.

Go forth, use your library card and READ! 

April through June 2013 
Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich
Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich
The Finishing Touches by Hester Browne
Book I forgot to write down
Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Novel) by Patricia Briggs
Cold Days (A Novel of the Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher
You & I, Me & You: A Novel by MaryJanice Davidson
Friendship makes the heart grow fonder by Lisa Verge Higgins
The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith Saintcrow
On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis Graves
Peril in Paperback: A Bibliophile Mystery by Kate Carlisle
Ghoul Interrupted: A Ghost Hunter Mystery by Victoria Laurie
What a Ghoul Want: A Ghost Hunter Mystery by Victoria Laurie
Lethal Outlook: A Psychic Eye Mystery by Victoria Laurie
2 others started and stopped
I also think I returned a few without noting the titles!
The Great Escape by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The Blue-Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee by Carolyn Brown
Swept Off Her Feet: A Novel by Hester Browne
Vanity Fare: A Novel of Lattes, Literature, and Love by Megan Caldwell
The Confidant: A Novel by Helen Gremillon, translated by Alison Anderson
A Cookbook Conspiracy: A Bibliophile Mystery by Kate Carlisle
The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Neil Gaiman's 'Make Good Art' Speech by Neil Gaiman and graphic artist Chip Kidd
Vader's Little Princess by Jeffrey Brown
The First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill

No comments: