______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2013 - June

June ...

How is it the last day of June already?

Well, I know I was at work for some of it. A few days a week anyway because there were the various Summer Fridays activities and the Miscellaneous Monday meanderings and meditations, but, I know I did other things, like:


~ errands and chores;
~ bills and blogging; 
~ train trips hither thither and yon;
~ annual reviews to talk about the white board of doom and my constant state of self-imposed stress/other issues;

~ dinner with the Ironic Mother  to catch up, discuss all her new ventures, her new book, and to trek to Levain bakery for some ridiculously yummy cookies;

~ there was the evening at Symphony Space with Neil Gaiman and the readings and realizations (a very good wrap-up was done by writer for Tor.com) ; and
 ~ the annual trek to Brooklyn for the staff staff party, which this introvert somehow survived--although the trip back from the borough with the new VP bosslady ALONE on the 2 was slightly painful for me, if also not for her.


It's actually amazing, given all that, that I had any time left to craft.

 But I did!

This month's crafting was inspired by something I saw about two years ago during Summer Streets. In the window of a boutique in Soho(?) I saw a shrug/cardigan made out of these spirals. I wanted to learn how to to do them. I'm still stash-busting, so I worked my way through a skein to figure it out.
  
 ANA 2013-21: Solo Spiral
(Part of skein of Bernat sparkly baby sport, acrylic)
 One strand could be worn a variety of ways:
 ANA 2013-20: Trio of Connected Spirals
(Part of skein of Bernat sparkly baby sport, acrylic)
I don't quite have the trick of connecting them up, like my inspiration shots, so I'll have to research a pattern, but this one could be worn "regular" or as a slip knot too. 
 Mint green might only work for a kid, or with the right outfit, but it was a practice piece. To be revisited later.

Now that my stash is being reduced, the afghan collection re-bagged for truck/train sales, and my shelves are re-organized, I have very few excuses not to tackle ... you know what ...

This little beauty of a multi-fibred, multi-colored, project that I only started three summer ago.
If I leave it in this position in the middle of my floor long enough, and I have to step over it at least three times a day when I go to and from the air conditioner and t.v., do you think I'll actually start working to finish it?

Only 7 more Summer Fridays to go.

I should deal with the etsy.com shop too, at some point....

No comments: