______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, June 17, 2013

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2013 - May

May was so chock full of stuff, that I had to separate the usual activities/merchandise/crafting log into two entries. I am trying to figure out when I got anything crafted, but the notes are there, as are the objects.

I did manage to finish two of April's UFOs.


ANA 2013-14: White diamond-pattern crib cover
(1 10.5 oz skein Bernat Baby sport yarn, white, acrylic)
(as of 9/15, no longer available)
ANA 2013-15: Camo colored scarf

But then, in a fit of needing decorations for an event, limited funds, and a goal to work my way through the various stashes of skeins and remnants in my apartment, I started a chain reaction of color work.

Thanks to the blog, Cornflower Blue Studio, I  found a pattern for a simple chain garland, and went a little crazy.

Case in point:
ANA 2013-16, 17, 18, 18: Stash-busting Rainbow and Blue Chains/Scarves
(Misc. remnants of wool, acrylic, polyblends, and Caron White Sport skeins)

 There are actually four different chains there: 3 rainbow and 1 blue-hued.
Each vary slightly on the "ombre" effect depending on what remnants I had left. I think they would make cool scarves too.
So I'm all set if I ever have a party, party space, rainbow float, or a holiday tree that needs decorating-- because these are about 6 feet long - each. Sadly, these didn't use up all my stash ... not one bit. I keep finding balls of stuff. 
Also, sadly, I still haven't finished a certain afghan.There will be more leftover yarn to play with, if I ever finish this thing.


2010: UFO

No comments: