______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cape Cod Girls Weekend 2011 - Sunsets on the Beach

What would a Girls Getaway be without experiencing a memorable sunset or two?

While Christine and I went up to the Cape a day earlier, we did not get to see that sunset. We were headed East, in a major rainstorm during, but did get to enjoy a double rainbow phenomenon instead. (And yes, a remix was playing in my head the entire time!)

Once the girls arrived, we had two wonderful nights together. The first one we were so busy relaxing and chatting that we pretty much missed it. They still enjoyed their pink champagne on the rocks though.

The second evening we decamped to the beach with plenty of time to wander, talk, relax, watch Tucker try to "woo" a lovely retriever, and to take SO many pictures. I started a scarf and tried to keep sand off my "shark bites." Oh, the girls may or may not have had a drink, or two, or three.

It's so hard to relax in these conditions. Tucker hears the call of the wild, but is denied.

After a "refreshment" break, (aka bathrooms and grabbing another bottle), Kimberly and Ms. Linds put on a show for us that had some wonderful lighting effects from Mother Nature.

Applause, applause, applause. However, I think she is pantomiming - "The shows are over. Let's eat!"

No comments: