______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Maximum Bro!

I absolutely know that my brother Max will NOT appreciate this photographic birthday retrospective, but again ... this isn't for him, but for my nieces and most especially for my nephews. They need to see that their Dad and Uncle was once a little .... um.... person like them.

Here are some of the highlights from my snapshot collection of the "Max"imum brother. He too, had a few trademarks that have lasted his entire photographic career.

Each of the bros had a weird sense of humor, but "Max" was the class clown - the middle child personified. He was always leading by example, unfortunately following, and scowling, after me, or causing some kind of commotion.

Despite the efforts of his church leadership, parents, and other watchful figures, Max is/was a bit of a character. Since we were the closest in ages, many of our school and church activities overlapped and he got to hang out (and try to flirt!) with my friends.

From regional youth church trips and dances, to the music department trips to Puerto Rico where he played the sax, Max liked to flex his muscles from the Caribbean to the Cape.

Eventually, though, time passed, and he ventured out on his own. He got through high school (HOORAY!!), traveled a bit, and then followed sage advice to "Go West, Young Man." He gained some facial hair, got a girl, got married, got a cat, and eventually figured out that he did not have the gams to make it as a male stripper - I mean, gained "wisdom" about how to keep up his pants!


Over the years, Kelli has been at his side, helping him reach his "Max" potential.

It took a lot of study, but it paid off with awards, accreditation, and recognition. It's still paying off, as he carefully works on his education - setting a good example for the whole family.

Even though he works weird hours, and works a LOT, he does make time to see family when they come to town, and to have some hobbies. He probably would take photos if you let him play with the camera more, but usually he's in the kitchen, making lots of caramelized onions and delicious steak. After dinner? Sleepy time... and snuggling with his other great love, my Drewbug.


I know I've complained about my 2nd birthday present for years now, tried to give you away to another family, and often wondered about this whole "little bother" thing - especially when it came to the teasing, the protectiveness about boyfriends, and all the sibling stress, but Jed/Max/Bro/Brat, whatever name you go by,

I want you to know this:

I am so proud of the man you have become;

I am floored by the father that you are being;

I am honored to call you my brother;

I love you.

Happy Birthday!

xo Sis

No comments: