______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cape Cod Girls Weekend 2011 - Shushing Librarian Wrap-Up

S.L. here again. Sadly, the Cape Cod Girls Weekend is a misty memory now. We were so fortunate to have a lovely weekend before work/life stresses got worse, freak October storms dumped snow and ice on New England - wrecking havoc for weeks, and Daylight Savings Time came and went. I look up from my computer at the Reference Desk, beyond the masses of humanity huddling in my library, beyond the revolving doors, and get lost in memories of our trip.

It was great to get out of the Big Apple, go to New England, and take tours of new and exciting locales.

Granted, while we did toast ourselves a lot, it was only because we loved being together.

It's important, to remember the mantra of Eat, Drink and Be Merry. We did. We ate ever so much, and most of it was healthy - if you don't count the ridiculous amounts of chips consumed.

Sometimes, when you are catching up on your reading of shelter magazines, you don't realize how many bags of chip you have consumed.

The carbs came in handy on the epic bike trip, while my reference skills were really needed when we had medical emergencies. I knew just how to tape ankles.

The Merry part was easy. Fun can be had just being together, talking, cooking, playing Balderdash, shopping at the Brewster General Store, or acting like a bunch of monkeys.

The best part though, was remember how to Zen out - either by meditating at the beach, or by traveling the labyrinth.


Just like last year, I dropped in on a meditation class or two to brush up on my technique. As long as I remember how to do this, I should make it through the days, weeks, and months until I can go back.


OMMMMMM

Namaste

Stay tuned for more of my Amazing Adventures. I still have to tell you all about going to weddings, Florida, and various theme parks!

No comments: