______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 24, 2011

Cape Cod Girls Weekend 2011 - Scenes from a Weekend

When you are graced with a double rainbow on your way to a weekend on the Cape, you know you are in for a good time. We also discovered that the end of the rainbow ... is the tollbooths on the Mass Pike. Which explains a lot about Massachusetts.

After an early morning wake-up call by a murder of crows, some swearing and slurs on suburbia, it looked like the day was going to get off on the wrong foot. Luckily, the sun had come out, the scenery was lovely, and a walk on the beach relieved all our stresses.

The weekend was filled with fun and games, way too much food, an impossible number of shoes, and lots of smiles. Here are the girls.

Even though Tucker was "tuckered" out and didn't want to leave, alas into the cars we went-- back down the Cape Cod highway, with farewell banners in place, over the Canal and off the Cape. On the train home, I looked at my baggage; 1 girl. 3 day weekend. 4 bags.


When can I go back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Junetta, thank you for the post! Made me miss the Cape even more than I usually do on a Wednesday morning...

We saw Jane last night, in her gorgeous new scarf! She loves it!

-Alithia