______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Amazing Adventures of the Shushing Librarian - Fun Fourth Fiesta!

Well hello there. It's me again, The Shushing Librarian. Let me just put my book down, so I can catch you up on things. The library has kept me so busy, I realized I haven't had a chance to tell you what I did for the Fourth of July weekend.

Let me back up a bit, though. You will remember that Christine and Auntie Nettie went to Oheka in the spring? Well, I tagged along on the bus as a way to scope out some real estate.

That door right there? Leads to my three-story suite. (I wish.)

There's Christine, getting away from me. But she did give me a hand later, by inviting me to an upcoming holiday paaaartaaaay!


Vamos ala Fourth of July Fiesta!
When we arrived at the party, preparations were in full gear. How can you celebrate the Fourth of July without an apple pie? I do have to admit that some of the fruit ended up in a sangria mix that hit the spot!

New York is actually an honorary part of New England (well parts of it), so you can't have a party without a clambake. If you'll notice the cooler, you'll see that there was also going to be a bunch of surf and turf at this fiesta, courtesy of Omaha Steaks.


Advice to those with social phobia: Don't clam up!
(I'm looking at you, you know who you are!)

What would a holiday party be without hot dogs, brats, MEAT, and then the obligatory fruit salad for the ladies?

My eyes were bigger than my stomach. I had to quit eating for a bit, and then was tucked in for una pocita siesta en la fiesta.

Don't drink and slide.

Just don't. Trust me. (*shudder*)

Also, don't play on the swing without proper supervision. You'll be out of the frying pan, and into the fire. Speaking of which...

After all that meat and my little nap, I had a craving for something sweet that wasn't fruit. I went begging for a cookie. Rover wouldn't share. However ... SHHHHH Don't tell anyone. I snuck a marshmallow that was meant for the s'mores.

How else can you end an all-American holiday party without some fire-works?

Thanks, as ever, to Christine and her family for including me in their holiday gathering.

Hope you and yours had a happy Fourth of July too.

Stay tuned for more Amazing Adventures of The Shushing Librarian.

No comments: