______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2011 - July

After a few months of very little crafting output and much in the way of social butterfly-ness, I decided to buckle down and concentrate on working my way through the yarn stash. This dedication to craftiness also coincided nicely with some disgusting July heatwaves, where the thought of leaving the house was absolutely untenable. (I'm sorry, when the thermometer says 106 and the index with the humidity pushes it up past 110-115, I am NOT going outside!)

While working on the five (5) large projects below, I also:

~ celebrated the four-day July Fourth holiday at home - minus the crowds and aggravation;
~ had DVD/movie marathons:
- including whole seasons of Drop Dead Diva,
- the first six Harry Potter movies in preparation for maybe finally watching the first half of the final movie and then going to the final, final Harry Potter movie,
- and Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea (*sigh* Gilbert *sigh*);
~ had very nice catch-up lunch at Bar Boulud and dinner at Alouette with visiting college friends;
~ wrote letters to my aunts, some of my great-aunts, and my honorary aunts in celebration of Auntie's Day;
~ and generally was a homebody dealing with paperwork, inventory, correspondence, and cleaning.

I also think I gave myself carpal tunnel. I know I definitely wore the color off of one of my aluminum hooks.

I made five large Diamond Crib Covers this month, working through 15 skeins of Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. Their approximate dimensions are 45x34, they'll vary slightly in length:

ANA 2011-28: Baby Pink Diamond Crib Cover
(as of Oct. 2011, no longer available)
ANA 2011-29: Blue Bon Bon Diamond Crib Cover
(as of 08/11, no longer available)
ANA 2011-30: Lemon Custard Diamond Crib Cover
ANA 2011-31: Iced Mint Diamond Crib Cover
(best seen below)
(as of 04/2012, no longer available)

ANA 2011-32: Natural Diamond Crib Cover
(as of 05/2012, no longer available)

Five! Ouch. Time to move on to smaller objects.
And maybe to finish up some of the works "in-the-works," perhaps?

Still in progress:
2010: Multi-fiber chevron blanket2011: Potential Mobile of Hearst (created as part of ANA 2011-08 group)
Fancy Blue Scarf
Casual Rimmed Cap

As ever, if you see anything you'd like, just contact me for sizes, availability, and costs.

Coming SOON: You'll be able to purchase these via Auntie Nettie's Attic on etsy.com
Click here for a preview.

No comments: