______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Auntie Nettie's Attic Merchandise 2011 - June

Another month, another small amount of crafting output. I couldn't figure out why there wasn't a lot to show for it, but then I remembered that I've been out and about and on the town.

You've seen the posts about the CT weekend, but I've also been out:

~exploring New York and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine with the Ironic Mother and her adorable daughter, Ms E.D. (posts to come);
~ there was the Big J Gala evening of The Tempest, with the highlight of one of my favorite Shakespearean actors, Sir Derek Jacobi;
~ farewell parties for former Big J colleagues;
~ long lunches at Carmines with former library colleagues, followed by wandering down NYC sidewalks;
~ trips in the rain to the New York Botanical Gardens (posts ongoing);
~a day exploring the Craft Show at Lincoln Center with a colleague and a visit to the Branch of the Folk Art Museum (posts to come);
~attending a reading at the 92nd Street Y by the excellent awesome irreverent author, Neil Gaiman (which rocked);
~ a day at The Metropolitan Museum of Art with former Caramoor pal, Michelle (posts to come);
and
~a weekend up at Caramoor helping with preparations for the Opening Night Gala, which I also attended (posts to come!).

No WONDER I didn't get more done. I did manage to finish the following:

ANA 2011-26: Small Chenille Polar Bear
(no photo, but much like ANA 2011-25, with the same materials)

ANA 2011-27: Roly Poly Panda Bear
(no photo, but much like ANA 2010-151)

Still in progress:
2010: Multi-fiber chevron blanket
2011: Potential Mobile of Hearts (created as part of ANA 2011-08 group),
Fancy Blue Scarf
~
Blue Diamond Crib Cover
Pink Diamond Crib Cover

As ever, if you see anything you'd like, just contact me for sizes, availability, and costs.


Maybe I need to spend a long weekend just hanging out in the attic and crafting to finish up all these projects?

No comments: