______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2011 - 2nd Quarter

If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently.

Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library or a public library. If I really, really, really like a book or an ARC, then maybe I'll mention it, pass it along, and make a hoopla.


Go forth, use your library card and READ!

April 2011
Happens Every Day: An All Too True Story by Isabel Gillies
The Orchid Affair (A Pink Carnation Novel) by Lauren Willig
Call Me Irresistible: A Novel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Casting About: A Novel by Terri Dulong
Overexposed: A Novel by Susan Shapiro (didn't finish)
How to Bake a Perfect Life: A Novel by Barbara O'Neal
Friday's Daughter: A Novel by Patricia Sprinkle
The Lake of Dreams: A Novel by Kim Edwards
Red Glove (Curse Workers Book 2) by Holly Black
Gone with a Handsomer Man: A Novel by Michael Lee West
Howards End is on the Landing: A Year of Reading from Home by Susan Hill
The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas
The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus: A Novel About Marriage, Motherhood, and Mayhem by Sonya Sones (A novel in verse)

May 2011
Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing (A Crafty Chica Novel) by Kath Cano-Murillo
I Can't Make You Love Me, But I Can Make You Leave: A Novel by Dixie Cash (didn't finish)
The Man who loved Jane Austen by Sally Smith O'Rourke
The Love Goddess' Cooking School: A Novel by Melissa Senate
The Kitchen Daughter: A Novel by Jael McHenry
Angel Harp: A Novel by Michael Phillips
Chalice of Roses (An Anthology of Novellas) by Jo Beverly, Mary Jo Putney et al
Long Shot: My Bipolar Life and the Horses who Saved Me (A Memoir) by Sylvia Harris
Original Sin: A Sally Sin Adventure by Beth McMullen (ARC)
Long May She Reign by Ellen Emerson White (my collection - rereading again!)
The Metropolis Case: A Novel by Matthew Gallaway
Friendship Bread: A Novel by Darien Gee ** Need recipes for Friendship Bread - check this one out
The Weird Sisters: A Novel by Eleanor Brown

June 2011
The Turquoise Ledge: A Memoir by Leslie Marmon Silko
Becoming Marie Antoinette: A Novel by Juliet Grey (ARC)
The Soldier's Wife: A Novel by Margaret Leroy (ARC) ** I got two of these excellent novels and have passed them along, to many positive reviews
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand: A Novel by Helen Simonson
Chasing Fire: A Novel by Nora Roberts
Death Echo: A Novel of Suspense
by Elizabeth Lowell
Love Bites (A Sofie Metropolis Mystery) by Tori Carrington
Keeper: One House, Three Generations, and a Journey into Alzheimer's by Andrea Gillies (slogging through)
From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
written and illustrated by E.L. Konigsburg

Go forth and read. READ!

No comments: