______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amazing Adventures of the Shushing Librarian - Planning to Party

Hey there. It's me, The Shushing Librarian, back after a brief absence. Did you miss me?

I'm afraid I was just swallowed up by winter and my work.
You could say, I was toast.I finally got a break, and went out to socialize with some friends.
We all got to talking about how "berry nuts" we were feeling.
After a few glasses of wine and some laughter, the conversation turned,to how we might spice up our lives.We went all the way around the table, and I will not scare you with some of the things that certain people brought up (*Ahem*Amelia*ahem*).

My ideas were more pedestrian. One of my biggest dreams is to be able to travel to exotic locations, ride an elephant, relax, drink daiquiris while being fanned by palm fronds, and to catch up on all my reading.
I'd love to be able to take a walk in a picturesque location, and maybe meet my Casanova while walking down a country lane.While we'd all like to travel more, we decided to try and "spice" things up this year with more realistic goals; see friends and family more, take in more concerts, museums, and not work so hard.

I'd like to spend more time pursuing musical aspirations, delving into the oeuvres of my favorite composers (even if they are grumpy dead white men),
maybe try my hands at the ol'Steinway again.wouldn't it be awesome to be part of a piano ensemble ...
The Shushing Librarian and the Mysteriously Abstract String Quartet.
Can't you see it? Now playing at Carnegie Hall?!

What are your dreams and aspirations for 2011?

1 comment:

CRBosco321 said...

My dream for 2011 is to play hooky more with SL and Auntie Nettie.