______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Letters from Ollie J - March 26, 1992

Just a quick note about some Mormon/LDS terminology here:

Per LDS.org (the official LDS Church site) Patriarchal blessings: "...
are given to worthy members of the Church ... and contain personal counsel from the Lord. As a person studies his or her patriarchal blessing and follows the counsel it contains, it will provide guidance, comfort, and protection. " These blessings are promises and guidance, but are not expected to reveal all, or to always be completed fulfilled in the manner or time frame one might expect. The link above will provide even further information.

For one reason and another, which we won't go into, I don't have mine ... but then again, one never does completely live up to family expectations anyway.


26 March 1992


[The Farm
Pikeville, NC]

Hope you are fine and enjoying life.

Its been rainy here today. Uncle Hyrum, Alice, and I went to Temple Tuesday spent night and worked Wendsday[sic] The two days we got 8 sessions each. Felt quite rewarded for our efforts.

I have a cold and got some medicine for it Monday so am coughing and Blowing it out.

Hope to feal[sic] better soon. Uncle Henry is slowly getting better. Had Blood Clots after his first trip home. Rushed him back to hosp’l where he stayed a few days over a week.

I have been sorting through things. Found your Mom’s Patireal[sic] Blessing. It was interesting. Oh hope you have your by now. They can be such a joy and comfort to read. See about getting your soon if haven’t all ready got one. Then read it often.

How are classes going now? And time is moving fast so want[sic] be long before time to sign up for more for another year.

Bet your big Coat Came in good all the Cold wind and snow I have heard about in NY.

We haven’t had enough snow to count her[sic]. Warm. Cooler tonight.

Hope you had a quick trip home a few weeks ago.

We surely have missed many visits etc with so many miles to separate[sic] us.

Thanks for your letter and I truly ment[sic] to answer it well before now. Time just passed us by.

I have quilted a few quilts some for others and one for me. Have another I’d like to quilt. Not sure when.

Want to sew some for myself but eyes are weak. Doctor said I had Glocoma[sic] and a growing Cateract[sic]. Don’t sound good but Could be worse.

Take care of yourself. Listen to the Spirit and God will bless you.

I Love you and so does your parents. Wish the best for you in all things

Grandma

No comments: