______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2011 - 1st Quarter

If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently.

Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library or a public library.

Go forth, use your library card and READ!

January 2011
Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter: A Novel by Lisa Patton
The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
Salting the Roses: A Novel by Lorelle Marinello
The Lies That Bind: A Bibliophile Mystery (Book 3) by Kate Carlisle
Piano Lessons: A Memoir by Anna Goldsworthy
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer
Spun by Sorcery (Book 3) by Barbara Bretton
Wicked Appetite (Diesel 1) by Janet Evanovich
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffen

February 2011
Love Letters: Novel by Katie Fforde
A Slender Thread: A Novel by Katharine Davis
Fated: A Novel by S.G. Browne
The Mistaken Wife: A Novel by Rose Melikan (didn't finish)
Slow Love: How I Lost My Job Put on my Pajamas & Found Happiness by Dominique Browning
Nocturne: A Haunting Story of Forbidden Love by Syrie James
4 books from my own collection (re-read)
Twelve Rooms with a View: A Novel by Theresa Rebeck
13 rue Therese: A Novel by Elena Mauli Shapiro
Whisper Falls: A Destiny Novel by Toni Blake
Bikini Season by Sheila Roberts
Undead and Unwelcome by MaryJanice Davidson
Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson
And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper

March 2011
Jane Goes Batty: A Novel (2) by Michael Thomas Ford
The
Raven's Bride: A Novel by Lenore Hart
Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson
The Mischief of the Mistletoe: A Pink Carnation Christmas
by Lauren Willig
The Atlas of Love: A Novel by Laurie Frankel

And Furthermore
by Judi Dench
A Secret Gift: How One Man's Kindness--and a Trove of Letters--Revealed the Hidden History of the Great Depression
by Ted Gup
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story by Ree Drummond
Pictures of You by Caroline Leavitt
Pale Demon (The Hollows, Book 9) by Kim Harrison
Night Road: A Novel by Kristin Hannah (ARC)
River Marked (A Mercy Thompson Novel) by Patricia Briggs
Radio Shangri-La: What I learned in Bhutan, The Happiest Kingdom on Earth by Lisa Napoli (ARC)

No comments: